Thursday, June 24, 2010

Leaving for Iceland 6/9/2010


Today we leave for Iceland! To give us some time before our flight, Lindsay got up at 4:30 AM to be to work at 6:00 and done by 10:30. Me being the awesome husband, drove her to work. While Lindsay was at work, I was a the apartment getting a few last things done (mostly cleaning).

Lindsay texted me and said that she would done a little earlier at 10:15. Without going into details, I arrived a little early and Lindsay didn't get done until about 11:00. But I really didn't mind because I just sat in the car and rocked out to some Neil Young in the mean time. We returned home and pack our things into the car and headed over to the Don and Madelyn's (Lindsay's grandparents), who would be taking us to the airport.

Upon arriving at Don and Madelyn's, we were offered many exotic and expired foods from Fred Meyer, but only ate the discount expired chocolate cake. After the cake, Grandpa decided it was important to show us pictures of some people we had never met who were currently in China. Needless to say, we reminded Grandpa that we needed to get to the airport. (If you have never met Don and Madelyn, they probably know who you are. They are some of the greatest people you will ever meet and you will always remember them.)

Traffic was light down to Sea-Tac and we arrived plenty early for our flight. With our last precious moments before our flight, we used our cell phones before we would be no longer wired for 2 weeks. We boarded our flight of 7 hours and never saw the sun set, which is why we didn't sleep.

We couldn't help but notice the lady sitting next to us on the flight. She was knitting like crazy while watching Bollywood movies on her iPad. While looking our the window, I noticed the pamphlet she was carrying, "Arctic Knitting Retreat". I guess arctic knitting retreats are synonymous with Iceland on account of its proximity to the Arctic and plethora of sheep that inhabit the country.

Besides some small seats and baby crying, our flight was uneventful and June 9th ended somewhere over Canada or Greenland.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment